“Dr. Hart and his staff are truly amazing! I have had several procedures over the years and they fixed my issue quickly and at a very inexpensive price. I look forward to future appointments with this amazing team.”
Bruxism is a condition in which you grind, gnash or clench your teeth, either unconsciously when you’re awake (awake bruxism), or during sleep (sleep bruxism). If you or Dr. Hart suspect that you may be suffering from the effects of bruxism, Dr. Hart will try to determine its cause by asking questions about your general dental health, medications, daily routines, and sleep habits. Mild bruxism may not require treatment; however, for some people, frequent and severe bruxism can lead to jaw disorders, headaches, damaged teeth, and other problems.
Symptoms of bruxism typically include:
- Teeth grinding or clenching, sometimes loud enough to wake up your sleep partner
- Flattened, fractured, chipped or loose teeth
- Worn tooth enamel, exposing deeper layers of your tooth
- Increased tooth pain or sensitivity
- Tight or tired jaw muscles
- A locked jaw that won’t open or close completely
- Soreness or pain in jaw, neck or face
- Pain that feels like an earache, though it’s not a problem with your ear
- Dull headache starting in the temples
- Damage from chewing on the inside of your cheek
- Sleep disruption
If you are looking for bruxism therapy, give the office of Ron Hart, DDS, Bartlesville, OK, a call today. We look forward to answering your questions, and we hope to see you at your next visit!
Perfect matters when it comes to your teeth, and we take perfection to the next level. Here at Ron Hart, DDS, Bartlesville, OK, our team goes above and beyond by expertly caring for a variety of dental needs, all in one place! We welcome patients of any age who need help with general family dentistry, cosmetic dentistry, restorative dentistry, orthodontics, and sleep problems. Our comfortable, relaxing atmosphere puts you at ease while our friendly team gets to work. By using the latest technologies and maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness and care, our specialists in Bartlesville, Oklahoma provide the excellent general dentistry you and your family deserve at prices you can afford.